Bypass0r for Mac lets you do cool stuff like open anything downloaded for the internet (without a password), or change hidden settings. It was designed for school computers that block changing settings and downloading apps.
- Install most software downloaded from the Internet without an administrator password
- Use the fast user switcher to log out without closing your apps
- Change hidden finder settings
- Add spacers to the dock
- Change your desktop background
- Change other appearance options
- Change function key behavior
- Sign in to iCloud
A Pro Version is available that has the following extra features:
- Automatically patch downloads
- Set a keyboard shortcut to open the fast user switcher
- Get access to new features before they are released in the free version
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
If you get an “Unidentified Developer” error message, follow these steps to fix it:
- Open terminal
- Type in the following: (be sure to add a space at the end and don’t press enter)
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine
- Drag and drop the app into the terminal window from finder
- Press enter
- Try to open the app again